Children & Youth Services
Mission and Vision Statement
Washington County Children and Youth Service Agency (WCCYS) is committed to the wellbeing of children and families. By empowering and engaging families and the community, safety and permanency can be achieved and all members can thrive.
We are dedicated to protecting children from abuse and neglect, while preserving families when possible. When children are unable to remain safely at home, we work diligently to achieve safe permanency for children and youth through reunification, adoption, or permanent legal custodianship. WCCYS utilizes a teaming model to build on the strengths of families, engage families and natural supports, and empower families to achieve their highest potential.
Washington County CYS provides the following Interventions:
- Twenty- four hour availability to investigate reports of alleged child abuse and child neglect.
- Services and assistance to families and children to enable children to remain safely within their own homes and to prevent family disruption and the need for child placement.
- Community education, parent education and other preventive services in collaboration with others to reduce the number of families needing services of the public child welfare agency.
- Temporary safe care and supportive services in the most family-like setting possible for children in need of placement outside of the home.
- Stable permanent family through adoption or permanent legal custody when the birth family is unwilling or unable to provide safe permanency for their child along with Post-permanency support.
Mandated Reporters are required to report suspected child abuse.
To make a good faith report of suspected physical and/or sexual abuse or neglect,
call or go to:
Contact PA Childline at
You can find additional information about our agency and services below.
AGENCY INFORMATION EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
It is our pleasure to serve and provide the highest quality of care and protection for the children of Washington County.
For more information please call 724-228-6884.
Anne Schlegel, MSW
95 West Beau Street
Washington, PA 15301
Toll Free: 888-619-9906
What should you do if you suspect physical and/or sexual abuse or severe neglect?
To make a good faith report of suspected physical and/or sexual abuse or severe neglect, contact PA Childline at: 1-800-932-0313
News & EventsView all
We encourage you to share this website, choose your platform:
We are here to help. Contact Us!
Department of Human Services
Programs and Services
- Nutritional Support
- Senior Centers